Summer Library Days (by appt.) - 5/30-6/9, 7/24-8/4
Summer Book Checkout Permission Slip
HPMS Summer Reading Expectations
Incoming 6th Graders:
- Intro video from teachers: Click to Play
- Read at least ONE book of your choice [see options below or check out from 6th grade teachers from this list]
- Complete a one pager on your book of choice to turn in the first week of school. [click here to open a copy]
Need help completing your one pager? Email Mrs. Thorpe at email@example.com
Need help getting a book? Email Mrs. Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming 7th & 8th Graders:
- Read any type of reading material (books, magazines, newspapers) & log minutes on Beanstack - https://tinyurl.com/HPMSBeanstack
- Log in with Clever username - first name & lunch #, password - lunch #
- Earn badges on Beanstack by logging minutes, writing book reviews, and completing activities. Completion of the whole Summer Reading bingo card also wins a badge!
- Participation in summer reading on Beanstack will earn you prizes and awards the 1st week of school.
- For a paper copy of summer reading, click HERE
Need help with Beanstack? Email Mrs. Butler at email@example.com
Ways to Read
- HPMS Library's Summer Checkout Program - Summer Hours 5/29-6/9, 7/24-8/4 (contact Mrs. Butler); permission slip: Click Here To Open
- Read E-books on Sora using your KISD account. Click on the Sora link on the HPMS Library home page and sign in using your KISD email & password. *Sora will include extra free books for their "Sora Sweet Summer Reads" program.
- Use the FREE Butt-Holdworth Memorial Library. Library cards are free with proof of living in Kerrville. (also free wifi & computer use) https://www.kerrvilletx.gov/92/Library
- Find a Little Free Lending Library around town. Here is a Google Map that shows where they are: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1zNbqugsCyvN1QmabFFOE5w75B6zuykY&usp=sharing
- Buy your own paper / digital / audio book